Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Light and Faith

Here's another one of those inspirational weekly e-mails that President Waddoups shared with me:


Okay so we get to ________ and I could not understand a single word she said and her dog wanted to be my Bff. Typical. She was really really down and I understood that she believed she had no faith.  It really was just depressing energy. So...I decided I would finally talk for the first time without my companion ripping words out of me. I told her that every single human needs light. We find light in the scriptures. At church. Durante prayer. when we love! All of the ways my Italian would allow me to express the sources of light! Oh, side note, she was listening really intently to me which was cool because everyone just cuts everyone off and she has heard everything about the church a million times. Okay so I told her all of that stuff then I said that we need to read the scriptures because eventually, without knowing it, we will have faith. etc. I then magically asked her if she would read at least one verse from the scriptures every day so she can have a beam of light and she, with tears in her eyes, said uh huh.  It was a room full of spirit and the negativity just bounced out of that room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment