Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Catania/Palermo Zone Conference - March 2016

March 22, 2016


Catania/Palermo Zones - March 2016

Catania Zone - March 2016

Palermo Zone - March 2016

*  *  *  *  *


Because there was a mix up on the day the new missionaries arrived from Provo, we found ourselves facing a challenging transfer period as far as scheduling is concerned.  We had ten days where the departing missionaries were gone and their companions were left companionless.  It's a mission rule that all missionaries have a companion so we had to combine companionships and move missionaries around to accommodate that rule.  It's a remarkable process because in the end it all works out.  It always does.


Because the new missionaries arrived a week later than usual, we had one less week to do all the zone conferences.  In order to accommodate the shortage, we decided to combine the Palermo and Catania zones this time.  It's not something we like to do because it requires a lot more travel than usual and it makes for a large number of missionaries at one conference.  It also meant the zone leaders and sister training leaders from two zones had to combine their teachings.  That, too, was a challenge.


The good thing is that it all worked out.  The missionaries did a phenomenal job of everything.  There's just no doubt about who is in charge of the work of missionaries.

*  *  *  *  *


"When you have done your very best, you may still experience disappointments 
but you will not be disappointed in yourself.  You can feel certain that the Lord
 is pleased when you feel the spirit working through you." 
 Preach My Gospel, p.11

*  *  *  *  *
The Sister Training Leaders from both zones combined to teach about solving companionship differences.  Last transfer we separated the elders from the sisters for one of the sessions and talked about this a little bit.  The STL's expanded on it this time.


1.  If there is contention, we are driving away the spirit.

3 Nephi 11:28-30
  And according as I have commanded you thus shall ye baptize.
 And there shall be no disputations among you, as there have hitherto been; 
neither shall there be disputations among you concerning the points of my doctrine, 
as there have hitherto been.

 For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, 
but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men 
to contend with anger, one with another.

  Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with anger, 
one against another; but this is my doctrine, 
that such things should be done away.

2.  We might be the one who is wrong.  We need to solve our own problems first.

Matthew 7:3-5
  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye,
 but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; 
and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; 
and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

 3.  We need to be humble and resolve our differences.

Alma 61:9
And now, in your epistle you have censured me, but it mattereth not; 
I am not angry, but do rejoice in the greatness of your heart. 
I, Pahoran, do not seek for power, save only to retain my judgment-seat 
that I may preserve the rights and the liberty of my people. 
My soul standeth fast in that liberty in the which God hath made us free. 
4.  We have to be patient.

Mosiah 23:21
 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; 
yea, he trieth their patience and their faith. 
We need to solve problems in our own companionships before we can be effective with our investigators.

We are only the vessels, the Holy Ghost is the teacher.

D&C 42:14
And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; 
and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach.

*  *  *  *  *

The Palermo Zone Leaders talked about "The Arrow of the Lord". 

Isaiah 49:2
 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; 
in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; 
in his quiver hath he hid me; 
There are three main parts of each arrow.

1.  The POINT.

Moroni 10:32
Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; 
and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, 
and love God with all your might, mind and strength, 
then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; 
and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, 
ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

2.  The SHAFT.

D&C 11:20-22
Behold, this is your work, to keep my commandments, 
yea, with all your might, mind and strength.
Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, 
and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, 
you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, 
the power of God unto the convincing of men.
But now hold your peace; study my word which hath gone forth among 
the children of men, and also study my word 
which shall come forth among the children of men, 
or that which is now translating, yea, until you have obtained all 
which I shall grant unto the children of men in this generation, 
and then shall all things be added thereto.

3.  The VANES.

I Corinthians 13:1-3
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, 
I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, 
and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, 
and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, 
and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, 
it profiteth me nothing.

*  *  *  *  *

The Catania Zone Leaders encouraged all the missionaries to "use all their tools" to achieve the Standards of Excellence for our mission.  These Standards we set to help missionaries be successful.  If we are still using the same teaching and finding techniques we've always used, the results will be the same.  We need to get rid of the things that keep us from reaching our goals.

*  *  *  *  *

Beginning Testimony


Beginning Testimony


Beginning Testimony


Beginning Testimony


Beginning Testimony


Beginning Testimony


Beginning Testimony














































Happy Birthday


















Departing Testimony



Departing Testimony



Departing Testimony



Departing Testimony




Departing Testimony













































No comments:

Post a Comment