Thursday, September 17, 2015

Napoli Specialized Training

September 17, 2015


Napoli Zone - September 2015

*  *  *  *  *

The Zone Leaders bore testimony that every missionary in the room was there because God needs each of them here right now.  Each missionary received a personal mission call signed by President Thomas S. Monson telling them they were to serve in the Italy Rome Mission because this is where God wants them to be.

It wasn't easy to prepare for a mission.  Missions aren't just fun vacations.  A mission is a time to share testimonies that have been developed for years.  It is a time to fill a commitment made when mission calls were signed and returned.  It is a time to keep the commandments.  It is a time to do the same things missionaries in the scriptures did.

Helaman 10:4-5
Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done;
 for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, 
which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, 
and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, 
and to keep my commandments.

And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, 
behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, 
in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, 
for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.



1 Nephi 17:50
And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them.
 If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, 
it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.

Dare to be a missionary.  Open your mouths and talk to everyone.  When someone looks at your name tag, open your mouth and offer an explanation telling them what it is and why you are wearing it.

Joshua 24:15
. . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Moses 6:32-34
And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, 
and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, 
and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, 
and I will do as seemeth me good.

Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.

Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; 
and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; 
and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.
 *  *  *  *  *

The Sister Training Leaders taught about the importance of the first three hours of the day.

"Awake and put on the armor of righteousness."

When we are prepared, we can accomplish the Lord's work.

*  *  *  *  *

We showed the talk President Uchtdorf gave at the New Mission Presidents Seminar in Provo two summers ago about "No Fear".  We just returned from a Mission Presidents Seminar last week.  At that conference, we talked about that same talk.  We felt a confirmation that we had been inspired to use that talk at zone conferences this time.  We had already shown it to five of the eight zones.

*  *  *  *  *

“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; 
it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
– Seneca

*  *  *  *  *

Beginning Testimony



Beginning Testimony


Beginning Testimony






















Happy Birthday


















Departing Testimony




































































No comments:

Post a Comment