Sunday, March 30, 2014

Departing Poem

One of our missionaries will soon be returning home.  This is how he summed up his mission:

Two years have flown by fast
I have no clue to where.
I remember when all I could say was
''Io sono Anziano Baer''
 

Back then my shoes were new
without holes everywhere,
But I wouldn't want them new again

Because the holes let in the air.

Mission life has been great;
the experiences I wouldn't trade.
So many people I did meet,
So many friendships that were made.

I've been happy, I've been sad,

especially when investigators we did lose.
But thankfully God gave everyone
The great ability to choose.

This precious time is closing soon;

its about time to move ahead.
But just as Sorella Waddoups always says,
''No testimony is ever dead''.

I ask myself what will I do?

just what will be my fate?
The answer to those, I do not know

But seeing my mom will sure be great.

1 comment: