Thursday, September 4, 2014

Behind the Badge

One of our sweet sisters who is returning home wrote this and read it as part of her departing testimony before returning home in a couple of weeks.




Behind the Badge
By:  Sorella Baker

Every morning when I wake up
I put on this black badge,
Study for the day ahead
And then I grab my bag.

I’m out the door, we hit the streets
With hope for a great day
To talk to all that we might meet
To find someone, I pray.

Now people pass, but no one stops
To listen to our message.
No matter what I try to say
They don’t accept the package.

I guess I need to worry
Not about the things I say
But rather worry about the person
I am day to day.

What person do I want to be?
What changes can I make?
To heed the call, “Come Follow Me”
With every step I take.

“Be even as I am,” He said,
The Savior, Lord of all
And now it’s finally up to me
To answer to this call.

As Ammon I will need the FAITH
To stand before a king.
As Esther I will need the HOPE
To fight for my beliefs.

Then DILIGENCE and VIRTUE
Like two thousand stripling sons
I’ll fight until my time is through,
Until the battle’s won.

Like Job I’ll need HUMILITY
And PATIENCE to the end,
To make it through my Calvary,
On Christ I will depend.

I’ll need a little KNOWLEDGE,
WISDOM to the core.
I’ll testify as Alma did
To every Korihor.

With OBDIENCE as Nephi
A will go and do!
I will remain faithful,
I will remain true!

And finally like unto Christ
I’ll need CHARITY and LOVE
Then I will be exalted
In His kingdom up above.

No comments:

Post a Comment