Monday, February 16, 2015

Missionary Poem


A mission is a strange experience, it's a trial and a test.
A mission throws at you the worst, yet teaches you the best
They told me this would be the best period of my life,
but I guess they didn't explain it all to clear.
I came out looking for a bed of roses, I just wasn't expecting all the thorns I've found out here.
Since I've been out I've never been so happy, I've never been so depressed.
I've never felt so forsaken, I've never felt so blessed.
I've never been so confused, my mind has never been so clear.
I've never felt my heavenly Father so distant, I've never felt him so near.
I've never been so discouraged, I've never been so full of hope.
I feel I can go forever, I think I've come to the end of my rope.
I've never had it so easy, I've never had it so tough.
Things have never gone so smoothly, Things have never been so rough.
I've never traveled through more valleys, I've never ascended so many peaks.
I've never met so many nice people, I've never met so many freaks.
I've never had so many ups, I've never had so many downs.
I've never felt so lonely, I've never had so many friends.
Boy, I hope this is over soon,
Gosh, I hope this never ends.

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment