Friday, February 19, 2016

Palermo Zone Conference - February 2016

February 18, 2016

Palermo Zone - February 2016




*  *  *  *  *

President Waddoups talked about being consecrated missionaries and referred to a talk given by Elder Tad Callister where he talked about things missionaries were required to put on the sacrificial alter. 

President talked about the story found in Luke 18 of the rich young man who asked Christ what more he could do.  The young man had obeyed the commands since his youth.  He was told told he lacked one thing.  He needed to sell all his possessions and follow Christ.  He was required to sacrifice one more thing.

Elder Callister said there are five things that need to be put on the sacrificial alter:  disobedience, fear, romantic passions, pride, and negativism (or sarcasm).

A consecrated missionary serves the Lord because he loves Him.

*  *  *  *  *

The Assistants told how they had prayed to know what they should teach at zone conference and how both of them had the impression they should talk about something on the Standards of Excellence and the line that appeared to both of them was "We are a Preach My Gospel mission."

Ether 12:27

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. 
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; 
and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; 
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, 
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

*  *  *  *  *

Beginning Testimony







Happy Birthday





Departing Testimony
































































































No comments:

Post a Comment