Monday, April 21, 2014

Mother's Day Guidelines

Guidelines for calling your families on Mother’s Day:

Two skype or phone calls are allowed per year.  Usually Christmas and Mother’s Day are chosen.  If you choose to communicate with home on another day, such as Father’s Day, the same guidelines apply.  (Three phone calls are not allowed.)


If your parents are divorced or separated, you can have a call with each of them.


Your total call time to your family should be approximately 40 to 60 minutes.           
    (Time spent towards connecting the call doesn’t count towards your hour.)


You can call on the day that works best for your family, ie, Mother’s Day or the following P-Day.


If you have trouble arranging your call through e-mail, you may make a quick call home using a phone card to arrange your call. 


If you have access to a computer with skype, you may use skype including the video feature.  You may not use a member’s computer.  (See handbook page 20.)  If the computer at your church has skype, you may use it.


To avoid conflict, make a schedule with other missionaries who will be using the same phone or computer.



You may want to prepare a list of items to talk about during the phone call beforehand to use your call time more efficiently.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sorella Waddoups, my name is Lizz Andersen, I served in the Milan mission from 2008-2009. I had some questions for you but I am not seeing a place on here that has your contact information. I know you are most certainly very busy and I can contact someone else in the mission home perhaps instead of you if you would be so kind as to direct me to them. My e-mail is lizzandersen@gmail.com. I have a friend who will be studying abroad this next summer in Mercatello, Province of Perugia, a small area about 2 hours south of Firenze. She is in her 50s. She would like to attend church while there. From what I understand the church is not in that city and the nearest one is in Terni. is that correct? It that in your mission or in the Milan mission. She is studying opera, she plays the organ and piano beautifully and is a wonderful woman. She would like to be in contact with the church in the area and help in any way she can, as well as attend church, bring needed/wanted supplies, play the piano at church if they need her...I am sorry to bother your very busy schedule, I just want her to get connected while over there. If you could e-mail me back or e-mail the contact information of someone else I can ask/talk to that would be so wonderful and we'd both be very grateful! Thank you and have a wonderful day! Buon Lavoro!! Il vangelo restaurato in italia fiorira'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete