Thursday, August 21, 2014

Letter to President


We were waiting at the bus stop to get back to our apartment and I saw this lady walking on the other side of the street pushing a suitcase in front of her and rolling her cart behind her. I was like, "oh man that doesn't look good." Then sure enough the suitcase gets caught and falls over and she falls on top of it. So I look at my companion and we both are like, "we need to help her." So we go over and help her get up and we take the things from her and ask her where she needs to go, and she says to the bus stop. SO we walk back to the bus stop and my companion was talking to her and I walk up to the bus stop and a man who was waiting there turns to me and says, "you are from a church, where is your church?" So I ended up telling him and he told me this, "I saw you two this morning on the bus and you were talking to people about your church, then I see you just now and I saw you worried about that old lady and then you go and help her. I think that is great. We need more people like you guys." So that was super duper cool. So I talked to him about our church and found out he had only been in Italy for 2 months, and I asked him if he had family here and he said no, then I asked if he had friends here and he said no. aw sad! So I was like, " you should come to church!" Then that was that, we got his number and stuff.

Then Sunday, the most miraculous of all days. So Sunday morning rolls around and we are in church and check our phone to find 4 missed calls from the same man and he said that he was trying to come to church! But he didnt know how to get there, but that he was at the bus stop. SO I explained it to him but he still sounded a bit confused. Then like 20 minutes later he called me and said that he was on the bus but that he didn't know which stop to get off at. So I tried explaining it some more, but he was still lost. So he passed the phone to other people and that didn't help. Finally he said that he found someone who was going to a church so he would go with him, but that could have been ANY church. So he passed the phone to that guy and he asked me, "What is the name of your church?" so I said, " The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." And he says, "GREAT! I'm going there too!" I was like "WHAT?! What is your name?" and he told me.   YES! He is another of our members, just so happened to be the ONLY one who took the bus that day and he just so HAPPENED to run into our contact. That was a miracle. So he shows up to church in a white shirt and suit coat and stayed for all of church. And all the lessons were super normal and great! The spirit was SO strong! IT was fantastic.  Things were just wonderful.   But that was just a super miraculous experience.

1 comment: