Saturday, November 28, 2015

Sardegna Specialized Training - November 2015

November 27, 2015


Sardegna Zone - November 2015

*  *  *  *  *


The Sister Training Leaders taught that missionaries must have a great desire to understand the gospel to be effective.  In order to be more effective at teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, we need to study and learn so that we truly understand the gospel.  In order to bear a firm testimony of  a principle of the gospel, we need to understand it first.

D&C 11:21
Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word,
and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire,
you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea,
the power of God unto the convincing of men.


JS-History 1:11-13
11  While I was laboring under the extreme difficulties caused by the contests of these parties of religionists, I was one day reading the Epistle of James, first chapter and fifth verse, which reads: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

12  Never did any passage of scripture come with more power to the heart of man than this did at this time to mine. It seemed to enter with great force into every feeling of my heart. I reflected on it again and again, knowing that if any person needed wisdom from God, I did; for how to act I did not know, and unless I could get more wisdom than I then had, I would never know; for the teachers of religion of the different sects understood the same passages of scripture so differently as to destroy all confidence in settling the question by an appeal to the Bible.

13  At length I came to the conclusion that I must either remain in darkness and confusion, or else I must do as James directs, that is, ask of God. I at length came to the determination to "ask of God," concluding that if he gave wisdom to them that lacked wisdom, and would give liberally, and not upbraid, I might venture.

*  *  *  *  *


The Zone Leaders talked about obedience and being Preach My Gospel missionaries.

As missionaries we should be serving a mission because we love the Lord.  In a conference talk, President Nelson taught:

What we do sends a message to Heavenly Father about how much we love Him.  
. . . Our actions are signals we are sending to the Lord.


John 14:15 
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
*  *  *  *  *

Beginning Testimony











































































No comments:

Post a Comment