Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ants

July 31, 2013


I've heard complaints about ants from some of the missionaries and I've seen lots of them outside, but I'd never seen them inside the villa until the morning I was scurrying around trying to prepare for all the missionaries to descend on the villa that night.

Somebody told me once that ants were drawn to syrup and would crawl into it, get trapped and die.  That sounded great to me.  My only challenge was that I didn't have any syrup, but I found a bottle of molasses in the cupboard and decided to try that.  I put some in front of the door where they were coming in.  When I checked a while later,  the ants were lined up next to the molasses just like pigs lined up at a trough.

It reminded me of sin.  People rush into things because it's sweet and easy.  They don't stop to think about the consequences.

(Just for the record, syrup might work, but molasses turns hard.  I suggest a shot of Raid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment