Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Letter to President

I love it when the spirit bears testimony to our missionaries.

This past week I have really started to see for myself the importance of the spirit, and the importance of listening to it. Me and my companion were going out to visit less actives one morning. As we were waiting for the bus to come, my companion felt we should get on a different bus and go finding. He asked my opinion, and I agreed. So we got on a different bus and got off at a stop. We started talking to every person we came across.  The whole time trying to figure out what we were doing there. We got to a spot where there was a split in the road, and no one was out. We decided to say a prayer to ask God to help us know why we were there and how to help his children in that area. We concluded our prayer and started walking. we came across a park with a man walking his dog, so we went and talked to him. He was nice but he was not interested. After talking with him, we saw another man back on the street. We started talking with him. He did not believe in God, or Christ. But you could tell his spirit wanted to. He had been abandoned by his parents when he was a baby and he had always wondered why God, would allow that to happen. He asked us to sit down in the park near by and we accepted. We talked with him for over an hour about our message, The restoration, The book of Mormon, and Prayer and the Holy Ghost. At the end he still wasnt sure about all of it, but he allowed us to say a prayer at the end and we were good friends by the end of it all. As he was walking away, me and my companion both recieved a strong impression that he was who we were there to see. Even though he did not believe in God. I know that God loves each and every one of his children and  he wants to help each and every one of them.
   This was a really cool experience that I thought I would share with you. I won't deny, sometimes I get discouraged out here, and maybe a little home sick, but I don't let it get me down. It is those times when I know it is the most important to dig in and work hard. To Love the people and to worry about their needs and what I can do to help them. And it is always after these times that I recieve a witness that what I am doing here is the most important thing for me right now. And that I am here for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment