Thursday, August 8, 2013

Letter to President

Another great e-mail from a missionary:

I won't lie, I got pretty homesick at the beginning of the week. Not anything that would be a hinderance to the progression of our work, but just something that was nagging me. I was just sad because things are so different here and I miss the comfortable lifestyle I had at home where I knew what everything was and didn't have to struggle with unfamiliar things. As I prayed for strength, the Lord showed me signs to know He was watching over and protecting me. My biggest concern is for the safety of my friends and family. I am always worried something bad will happen. But as I prayed and looked for comfort, the Lord directed me to a talk in General Conference this last session by President Eyring entitled "Come unto Me". In this talk he describes how every time he was called on a church assignment, he was able to see how the Lord was blessing and protecting his family. This as well as D&C 100:1 were great helps to me as well as sources of comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment