Friday, August 23, 2013

Letter to President

In companionship study and part of personal study my companion and I have been reading the New Testament. We had read a talk about the importance of getting to know the Savior and reading His biography. We talked about how all scriptures could be viewed as the Saviors biography because all of them allow you to draw closer to Him and learn from Him, but we decided that together we want to read the New Testament. I love reading all of the stories of Christ. They are amazing! I am also very greatful for footnotes and the Joseph Smith Translation becasue they help clarify a lot of things/add greater depth. One of the coolest things I read from the footnotes this week is the definition of the word follow in greek means to imitate. What beautiful significance this brings when the Savior says to follow Him. He wants us to Imitate Him in every way. I am so grateful to have such a great example to follow and imitate.   

No comments:

Post a Comment