Saturday, August 10, 2013

Letter to President

The missionaries never seem to amaze me.

We have been working with Jerome who is a less active. He actually came to an activity at the beginning of the transfer, and he asked to speak to me. He said he didn't have faith anymore, that God abandoned him and his family hates him because he is a mormon. I prayed for the spirit to help me help him and comfort him and we will now be working with him more often. So, this past time we went over we thought and talked a lot about what we could share with him. So, we shared about Joseph smith and his trials in liberty jail, and then the talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland "None were with him." It went really really well. He really felt the spirit and it helped him realize that the savior is with us. The savior was alone during the atonement so that we don't have to be when we have trials. We then gave him a blessing,and it was probably one of the most powerful blessings I have ever given. President, it really strenghtened my testimony of the priesthood,and how it can bless others. I truly felt like I was blessing him with the comfort and words that Heavenly Father wanted him to know. It was really great. I love being able to serve others with the priesthood, and have definitely learned more about its purpose and importance for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment