Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January Flowers

I have a single rose in bloom and it's the middle of January.  There are so many bushes surrounding it, I didn't even know there was a rose bush there.  Surely it must be an omen of good things to come.  As I looked around, I found some little yellow flowers, too.  It's much nicer than the freezing temperatures at home in Utah.  I love flowers and not many people in Italy grow flowers.  Most of them live in high rise apartments and don't have gardens.  Most people fill their patios with small potted shrubs instead of flowers.  However, there is a flower shop on every corner where you can buy potted plants.



Sis. Kelly left a Christmas cactus here when she left, and it bloomed right on schedule this year.

2 comments:

  1. a little gif for the mission ....I'm edit this video with italian subtitles , is my favorite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvV0UOs6wI8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the anterior link is the clasic of the gospel "Il Potere di Purificazuione del Getsemani" ad other thig in relation with this mission and Elder McConkie is a very old picture , visit this blog : http://recuerdos-sud.blogspot.com/2013/01/bruce-r-mcconkie.html

      Delete