Thursday, January 23, 2014

Letter to President

Thoughts from a sister experiencing her final transfer.


It's been an incredible week.

Words from the primary song ''yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.'' explain things so well.


Driving into Rome, through the familiar streets, passing the park we had cleaned for the stake helping hands project my second transfer where I scraped the tip of my pointer finger off with a saw and became best friends with Gustavo...so many random memories came flooding back, and I was on the verge of tears, just overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude for every single person I've met, for all of the experiences, everything I've learned. As we pulled up through the gate of the Villa, I felt it even more. There were my mission brothers! I went downstairs to put my backpack down and was met by my mission sisters. What a reunion. Dinner was Hawaiian haystacks. Can we say America?


''You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place . . . like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again.”  (Elder Holland)


Yes, I am going to miss this. I have met such amazing people here...missionaries included. Especially missionaries. I just want to do everything I can to show Heavenly Father my gratitude, to put what I've learned into practice, to keep studying, to maintain the relationships and friendships I've made...to live up to His expectations. I know I can't ever do even the smallest part...but I can try.


Yeah. My thoughts are kind of all over the place these days. So I'm just focusing on being obedient, loving everyone. We set a baptismal date with this fifteen year old girl  for the fourteenth of February. The only setback is the fact that she doesn't think her dad will let her. So we're just going to keep doing all we can, ''expect a miracle''.


So things are good. I love the mission, everyone in the ward, our investigators, it's great.


Thanks for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment