Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hectic Miracle

July 1, 2013

Today was hectic!  Michael had interviews at the mission office.  I stayed at the villa because they were supposed to deliver our belongings that had been shipped six weeks ago.  Michael said he would be back before they came.  The scheduled delivery time was between 10:00 am and noon.  At 9:00 am the doorbell rang.  It wasn't the movers; it was a group of workers who were coming to make some repairs on the villa.  Nobody told me they were coming.  They didn't speak English and I didn't speak Italian.  That was fun.  They needed a key to one of the doors and I didn't have a clue where it would be.  In the middle of all that confusion, the movers showed up at 9:15 am.  Again, they didn't speak English and I didn't speak Italian.  I have a new cell phone, but for some reason it wasn't working and I was unable to call anyone for assistance.  As if in answer to my prayers, Elder and Sister Steurer dropped by the villa.  He speaks fluent Italian and was able to find what the workers needed and gave directions to the movers.  Everything was under control by the time Michael showed up.  I told Elder Steurer he was my miracle for the day!

Now we just have a really big mess at the villa with boxes everywhere.  (At least we have them, and that is another miracle because Italians are notorious for going on strike.  I've heard of former mission presidents who didn't get their shipment until months later.  We are blessed.)


No comments:

Post a Comment