Thursday, July 18, 2013

Spanish Miracle

Occasionally President Waddoups shares part of a letter he receives from a missionary.  I got permission from the missionary who wrote this letter to share part of it.  This is just one of the daily miracles we are experiencing during "the hastening".


"We were trying to go home yesterday,  but our bus wasn't coming.  It's usually really timely, so we weren't sure what to do.  We tried to catch other buses,  but it didn't work out.  After an hour of waiting for the bus, my companion and I turn towards each other at the same time and say  "there's someone here we need to talk to."   But who?  We stood there for another 30 minutes, waiting and watching.  Finally,  this couple walks up and stands right next to us.  His phone rings, and he answers it  IN SPANISH. (My companion and I are both native Spanish speakers).   He gets off the phone, looks at us, and says, "hermanas?" We explained who we are and what we do.  He told us that he believes in miracles because he was in a car accident that should have killed him.  He talked to us for like 15 minutes,  then said,  my bus is leaving,  but can I give you my number so that you can come over and share me your story?   Um, yeah.  Of course!   As soon as he left,  our bus came.  You may call that coincidence.  I call that the Spirit helping us with the work.   It was so cool! "

No comments:

Post a Comment