Monday, July 22, 2013

Traveling Miracle

July 20, 2013


Michael had to fly to Catanzaro to set apart a sister who is leaving for a mission to England.  As District President, that is one of his responsibilities.  I usually carry both of our passports in my purse because I have a pocket they just fit in.  I left about the same time he did to go get supplies for the incoming new missionaries.  Michael drove himself to the airport.  The Assistants have always driven us in the past.  (I really miss the grid driving system we have in Utah.  I have no idea where we are here because the roads are mainly one way and they wind and twist and confuse me.)  Luckily, Michael only got lost a few times on the way to the airport and made it in time for the flight.

When I got home from shopping, I went to put something in my purse and saw his passport in there.  Oops!

When Michael went to get on the airplane, they asked for his ID.  They usually require a passport.  He showed them his driver's license and was told that's not an ID and they wanted a passport.  He told them where he came from that was ID.  Miraculously, they let him on the plane.

We prayed really hard that he would have the same kind of success when he returned because it's a very long drive for someone to have to go pick him up.  As it turns out, basically the same thing happened when he went to get back on the plane to go home.  This time he got the same hassle about not having a passport, only this time the flight attendant just turned around and walked off and Michael hurried on the plane.

We truly witness miracles every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment