Saturday, August 3, 2013

Beds

August 1, 2013




Because we have so many missionaries coming and going all the time, it's nearly impossible to keep up with laundry and making beds.  Sheets and towels are line dried.  We don't use dryers like we do in the states.  (Did I mention when we were on vacation in Italy last summer, I said I could never live here because they don't use clothes dryers?)  In order to simplify the process, somebody wisely instituted the idea of having each missionary change the sheets and put clean ones on before they leave.  We have a sister who helps us clean and do the laundry, but it's an overwhelming process to make the beds.

Now that things have quieted down for a minute before we start the next round of training, I checked to see if everything was in order for the next transfer on September 4th when we will be getting 19 new missionaries.

I think the sheets are an accumulation of things that have been left behind over the years.  Almost nothing matches and some of them are pretty worn -- but they serve the purpose.

I found an interesting assortment of made beds.  Some are neatly tucked in; some are barely on the mattress.  Some have the sheet drawn over the pillowcase and some barely have the pillowcase on the pillow.  I have no idea who makes what bed, but it might be really interesting to find out and see if their personalities match their bed making skills.


1 comment:

  1. My daughter will be one of those 19 coming in on September 4th! Sorella Madyline Spencer. I love reading your blog. Thanks so much for taking the time!

    ReplyDelete