Thursday, August 1, 2013

Letter to President


An inspiring e-mail from a "greenie" who has been in the mission field one week:

The work here is going on. I have found that I love teaching, and teaching anything! I absolutely love lessons and I loved teaching at our English class last night. We taught a part-member family this past week. Adamo, the dad, is not a member but Emmanuela the mom is. She is so awesome, in fact they both are. Adamo agreed to come to church this Sunday and agreed to what my companions call the soft baptismal invitation, so when he finds out it is true, he will be baptized. When we were teaching them, I pulled out my photo album and told them about my part-member family and how it was much like theirs. Then I told them about how going on a mission is kind of like the Plan of Salvation becuase my family sent me out here to do my best and learn and grow and help all those I can and they are awaiting my return, and God sends us here to learn and to grow and to help others and He, too, awaits our return with joy. The Spirit was very strong there. It was incredible. 

We are also teaching Paolo. He is a lawyer and very smart. He has found the Book of Mormon to be true and believes in the Gospel and in Christ, but he refuses to come to church, for now. But we will keep working with him, about 2 times a week now, and I think that once the Spirit is there more, he will have a greater desire to follow Jesus Christ.

Pamela is another woman we are teaching. I have only met her once, and briefly, but I think she is excited about the gospel, just not very motivated. We'll see how things go when we teach them this week. 

Presidente, this is hard work, but I want to be here. I want to improve and be better, and I want to be more bold. I'm not very patient with myself, but I am learning. I know the Lord needs me here and I am excited to find out why!

No comments:

Post a Comment