Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Letter to President


We continually encourage our missionaries to be obedient.

This week I am continuing my study of the Doctrine and Covenants and am focusing my study on how I can apply these sections to the lessons and to the people we are currently teaching, and also the promises and commandments in these scriptures. I have already noticed many great promises given that are available if we are obedient. Obedience is vital to this work. Without obedience, we can't have the spirit, and without the spirit we can't do this work. In companionship study we study the lessons in preach my gospel and are trying to focus on the doctrine of the lessons in particular in order to more simply teach the lessons and invite the spirit to testify of the simplest parts of the gospel. We are also practicing teaching, I appreciated your advice during the activity at zone conference, with having the person we are teaching be more involved, I tried to use that just a little bit with an english course student and immediately saw a difference in his personal growth. 
     President, thank you so much for zone conference this past week. I learned so much and it really strengthened me. This week I set goals with my companion and helped him and encouraged him to get up on time and see the blessings of the Lord from that. We were able to meet some wonderful contacts and see miracles this week because of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment