Sunday, August 11, 2013

Water Buffalo

August 6, 2013






My favorite food is Morzzarella di Buffalo.  It is the creamiest, moistest, most delicious cheese I have ever tasted.  Yum, yum!  It is made from the milk of water buffalo.

As we were driving to Bari to Zone Conference, we passed an area with about 100 water buffalo.  One of the assistants who was driving the car, warily, but obediently, stopped the car when I shouted out "Stop the car!  I need a picture!"

We had actually passed this area once before and saw a lot more buffalo than we did this time, but we didn't stop.  This time the buffalo were all in the water and difficult to see, but at least I got a picture--thanks to my dear husband who ran down the side of the road and took it for me.

I'm told several water buffalo dairies exist in Italy around the Napoli area where the cheese is made.  We still have nearly three years left.  I hope to find out more about the process before we leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment